Well, on one lonely, December night, my brother, Charlie, at the age of two, jumped out of his cradle, grabbed some of his belongings, and then vanished. He’s been missing for fourteen years now and still no one knows where he went. Some say he couldn't have survived the harsh winter, but deep down inside I knew he was still out there...somewhere.
“Mom, can I check the channels?” I asked.
“Sure, but make it quick.”
I grabbed the clicker and pressed Power. I raddled of the numbers as they went by.
“Two, three, four, five, six, seven…” I stopped on seven and listened.
“Hi, I’m Josh Dollen on ABC News and I just got word that a near catastrophe happened on Route 6 in Newtown, Connecticut.”
“The person to blame is a bizarre looking young boy who ran out of the woods and was nearly hit while crossing the road! He was hunched over like an ape and covered in mud from head to toe; all he wore was an old pair of jeans and brown sneakers. But after crossing he made his way into someone’s front yard where he posed for pictures before scurrying into the underbrush. We got an interview with the man who was lucky enough to get the photos. He said he believed it was the legendary ape man who had been sighted twice in the mid nineties and now in 2007 has resurfaced.”
By now the entire family was in front of the T.V, and listening carefully. The newscaster continued, “Here are the photos of the ape-like creature.”
I looked at the odd looking creature with a mixture of fear and excitement.
As I turned off the TV I turned to Tim and asked,
“WAS THAT OUR BROTHER?!?”
Labels: IS THAT MY BROTHER?


1 Comments:
Hey! That is soooo funny! You did a great job writing that. LOLOL!!! Keep up the great posting!
ttyl,
Delaney
4:53 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home