Championship Game
WOW!!! That was the most exciting championship game I've ever been in! Let me give you a really cut down version of last night's game. I don't recall the exact scores for each quarter, but they are pretty realistic.
The first quarter begins. We get out on the court, play well, and yet, somehow we were still losing 6 to 17!
If you couldn't tell, they had the better team, for sure. The tallest kid on my team is like a inch taller than me, and I'm not that tall, so our team is somewhat short, but the other team's guys were at least my height! One of their players, was probably 6 feet tall!
Next subs enter the game(that's when other players go in and take the place of another player). My sub and I walk out onto the court. Max (a good player on my team) and I worked together to get a little run going, but it wasn't enough to catch them. The score at the end of the first quarter was (something like) 17 to 23.
Nothing that exciting happened in the second, but we did close the gap a little more when the half came around, 25 to 29.
In the second part of the third quarter, Max and I got the team pumped up, by going on a huge run and TAKING THE LEAD! Momentum was on our side as we began the fourth period, 35 to 30! Our other substitutions kept our opponents at bay. The last 5 minutes of the game were so nerve racking for the crowd. It was to the point where all you could hear were all the mom's and dad's screaming things like, "Grab the ball! That's a travel ref! Come on call the foul!" But to tell you the truth, I wasn't that nervous. I think I had to calm Mom and Dad down, instead of them calm me down. The score was 36 to 34 with 15 seconds left!
Andy, a player on my team, got the ball and tried to waste the clock, so the other team was forced to foul him with 6 seconds left! Andy went to the foul line. If he made both, he would make it a 4 point game! Andy swished the first..... and the second! Our team went nuts on the bench! So now, in order to send us into overtime, our opponents would either have to sprint down and the court, make a layup, then steal our inbounds pass and make another layup, or they'd have to make a three pointer and get fouled, which is very hard to do. It turned out that they tried to make a three and get fouled, but he missed and didn't get fouled! So we grabbed the rebound and held the ball until the clock ran out.The final score was 48 to 44, WE WERE THE CHAMPIONS!
The whole team ran over and tackled Andy. It was without a doubt was my best game ever, the teams best game ever, and the girls played well! The league is co-ed. I hated it that way (no offense girls), but we worked like a well oiled machine even with them.
Here's a picture of my team:
(Top row) Me, Max, Andy, Jeff, Adam, and Matt.
(Bottom row) Dramain, Megan, Stephanie, Nora, and Griffin.

Labels: My Championship Game
3 Comments:
Sounds like you had a pretty exciting game! I guess it would stink to have girls on your team. lol I wouldn't want boys on my basketball team... Baseball is different though. Keep up the good writing!!
Delaney
2:46 PM
Wow, sounds like a great game! It would be fun to watch you play sometime.
6:35 AM
Thanks guys for leaving comments!
6:38 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home